Date(s) - 10/06/2013
11:00 am - 1:00 pm
T. Michael Healing Arts Clinic
This will be a series of six classes to discussion and teach a variety of techniques one can use to develop a practice of mindfulness. Mindfulness is the label for the practice of various methods that allow a person to become the observer in any given moment. The techniques I will be teaching will allow you to take a deep breath and consider the whole situation before reacting to something. Being the observer allows us to take stock of our feelings, intellect, and intuition about a situation and act from a place of calm and power.
Common settings that would benefit from a mindfulness practice
- The feeling that time is scarce
- The experience of having many hats to wear (parent, student, teacher, daughter/son, family manager, house cleaner, entertainment coordinator, friend, employee, and on and on)
- The experience of having little time for oneself
- The experience that to make money feels like you have to sacrifice your happiness
- The experience of stress and anxiety on a frequent or everyday basis
Common Results of a Mindfulness Practice
- Calm mind and body
- Clarity of focus and purpose
- An intimate connection to one’s intuition (Higher Self)
- The ability to respond and not react
- The tremendous experience on knowing oneself intimately (likes, dislikes, desires, etc)
- Living from integrity
- Grateful outlook on life
- Greater caring and the ability to be gentle
Join me for this valuable series just in time to navigate the busiest and most stress time of the year.
Class will meet every other week (with one exception) on Sunday from 11am – 1pm. Oct 6, 20, 27, Nov 10, 24, and December 8.
Each class is $20 or you can prepay by 10/1/13 for $97
Register for the first class here.
Register for the whole series here.